However I usually use desctop Skype software and finde Metro style annoying. At least this is my personal preference.
Two days ago my 9-years old hacker decided to install Skype by following one of online tutorials and the tutorial of course suggested to install metro Skype. Well, my hacker set the new skype for his account and when I found this out I wasnt happy. I did Uninstall Skype from metro desktop and uninstall my desktop version of skype, thought I got rid of it for good but the very same evening I’ve got a call from one of son’s friends through metro interface (!”#%&) I realized that metro styled skype is not that easy to get rid of. After googling for a bit I found solution:
- Start Windows PowerShell with Administrator rights
- Insert following line in the terminal command line: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers
- Among huge list of applications find one with name: Microsoft.SkypeApp
- Find the full name of this app, t.e. in my case it was: Microsoft.SkypeApp_22.214.171.1245_x86__kzf8qxf38zg5c
- Insert following command: Remove-AppxPackage Microsoft.SkypeApp_126.96.36.1995_x86__kzf8qxf38zg5c of course you have to insert YOUR skype package full name instead for Microsoft.SkypeApp_188.8.131.525_x86__kzf8qxf38zg5c
Voila! your annoying metro skype app is completely removed from your computer. Oh, by the way, I believe after this operations your desktop skype will also be removed but it’s not too difficult to install it again.